Irish wedding ideas are wonderful whether you are of Irish descent or not. Deciding to have an Irish themed wedding is a beautiful choice. Irish weddings are rich in tradition and full of romance and even whimsy.
Having an Irish wedding allows you to incorporate as much or as little Irish charm, symbols and folklore as you like. Getting married in Ireland would be ideal for any couple, but you can have an Irish wedding anywhere in the world! Carrying the theme throughout your Irish wedding is easy.
There are many products available to help you celebrate Irish culture and heritage.
- Use Irish symbols on everything from your invitations to your favors. Shamrocks, four-leaf clovers, the Claddagh and Celtic knots show the Irish spirit.
- If you’d like to tone down the whimsy, incorporate a lot of green and a few symbols here and there.
- Choose a location like a beautiful old church, a pretty garden or meadow, or a lushly landscaped yard.
- Choose a date that coincides with a traditional Irish festival. There are four each year.
- Use Irish music and entertainment for your ceremony and reception. Celtic music, Celtic harps, Bagpipes, and Irish dancers can add the perfect touch.
- Add Irish food and drinks to your reception. Irish stouts and whiskey are sure to add a fun element and heart family style Irish food will be warm and inviting.
- Add Irish flare to your wedding attire by using Irish lace for the ladies and an Irish kilt for your groom, is he’s willing.
- Of course, Emerald Green can be added anywhere from invitations to attire to decorations.
- Words mean a lot…Irish blessings and Poems reinforce that Irish romantic feel.
An Irish wedding will prove to be fun, romantic and family oriented. Having an Irish wedding is a fantastic way to share your heritage or honor the Irish way.