|Back to Back Issues Page|
Who Wants To Win $1000?
May 10, 2011
The Cheap Weddings E-zine will bring you more ideas for cheap wedding invitations, gowns, cakes and more.
If you like this e-zine, please do a friend and me a big favor and "pay it forward".
If a friend DID forward this to you and if you like what you read, please subscribe by visiting
The Cheap Weddings E-Zine Page
The Wedding Contest 2011 Is Here!Cheap Chic Weddings 7th Annual Toilet Paper Wedding Dress Contest Begins Now!
Here Are The Basic Rules:
•The contest will run from May 6, 2011 to June 17, 2011
•Create a dress and a headpiece using only toilet paper, any kind of tape, any kind of glue and/or you may sew as well
•Dresses will be judged on Creativity, Originality, Beauty and use of Toilet Paper
•Take a photo of the front, back and side of your creation. Make sure your pictures are well lit
•You must be able take the dress on and off and it must stay intact. The finalists will be required to send us the dress and headpiece for final judging at Cheap Chic Weddings' expense
•The contest is open to the U.S. and Canada
•You and your dress model must be 18 years or older
•Send your Name, Address, Phone#, Email and Photos to: firstname.lastname@example.org
•Read the Official Rules
PRIZES: $1000 (USD) will be awarded as Grand Prize. 2nd prize will be $500 (USD). 3rd Prize will be $250 (USD)
Test Drive College Online is the only way that you can try online education and start earning credits toward your degree without having to make any commitments or tuition payments. We offer Cheap Chic Wedding members the opportunity to apply for a complimentary online course (choose from a variety of commonly required courses including English Composition I).
You also have access to an education advisor who can provide guidance on degree programs that meet your interests and career goals. Plus, when you transfer the credits you earn to a degree program of your choice, you may save up to $2000 on tuition.
And in Case You Missed It:
Exciting News! We are now featuring YOUR stories, photos and ideas on Cheap Chic Weddings.com With the help of Content 2.0 you can share your best, worst, funniest, craziest, coolest wedding tips, concepts, thoughts or whatever.
Soon, you'll see invitations to submit on just about all of our pages.
But for now you can go to:
Check them out and look for more!
More of our Favorite CCW Classic Money Saving Tips:- Choose off-season times in your area to save as much as 50% on venues and other services. While you’re at it, choose any day other than Saturday.
- Cut that list! The less people you invite the cheaper your wedding will be. Consider using less attendants also…this will cut even more cost.
- While making your budget, prioritize what is most important to you and think about saving big on things that don’t really matter to you.
- Don’t be shy…recruit friends and family to help wherever possible!
- Use your resources…the Internet is a great one. You can download program ideas,invitation ideas, fonts and DIY projects for free.
- Use Social Media to your advantage…Facebook and Twitter are great for letting your loved ones know what is happening. Personal wedding websites are great for this as well.
- Buy local and in season when it comes to flowers and food.
- Recruit or hire students or fledgling professionals to save some big bucks. Check out local photography schools, colleges for musicians and culinary schools!
- For reception decorating, use vintage finds like jars, tea cups, and props for your tables. Shop thrift stores, Etsy.com and flea markets.
- Use non-floral items instead of expensive flowers. We like fruit, toys, potted plants,twigs and balloons.
- We love Sephora because you can get FREE advice and FREE samples!
- Carry out your DIY homemade style throughout your wedding and reception for a tied together look!
2011 Spring and Summer Trends:* In dresses, ruffles, layers, texture and floral details are in!
* Also popular are birdcage veils, simple tiaras, and shorter trains.
* Change it up with the trend of mixing table shapes and sizes at your reception.
* Many couples are opting to do away with assigned seating.
* Use different size centerpieces.
* Candles, lights and confetti remain popular as table decorations.
* We love that Butter cream frosting is taking over fondant in popularity!!
* Couples are mixing classic wedding details with modern touches.
* You will see the soft muted colors of spring transform to bright, bold colors in summer. Summer will feature oranges, reds and yellows!
* Outdoor weddings and receptions are still popular.
* Beach weddings are bigger than ever! Modern couples love that laid back casual atmosphere on the beach!
* Pretty flattering makeup with red lips are hot hot hot!
* DIY…doing it yourself is still big, not only can you showcase your personal style, you can save big bucks too!
* Go away from the typical reception format, have a cocktail reception with cocktail type food. It’s pretty popular right now.
* The biggest trend is to be yourself and to spotlight you and your fiancé!
Favorite Fan Tip!One of our favorite fans got the Hilton in a major metropolitan area to allow her to give a $500 deposit and to make payments up to her wedding day!
Comments/Ideas/Feedback? We'd love to hear from you. just reply to this zine and tell us what you think.
|Back to Back Issues Page|