On our site we give lots of advice and tips for saving big on your
wedding gown and really you could probably have one less expensive than
renting. But if for some reason you don’t want to go that route here
are some things you should keep in mind:
- Check online for a bridal shop that rents
gowns. Some dress rentals come from past brides and some are directly
bought from manufacturers. If you don’t like the idea of wearing another
bride’s gown, this may not be for you. Ask to be sure if it matters to
- A veil or headpiece, slip, alterations and cleaning should be included in your wedding dress rental.
- Rent locally in order to try on the dress and check it our before renting.
- The gown and any accessories should be in good repair.
- The wedding gown should fit perfectly.
A wedding dress rental can be another alternative to buying a gown, if you’re not particularly sentimental and keeping the dress is not that important to you, consider renting.