Discover Wedding Reception Food Ideas
Your wedding reception food budget dictates the size of your wedding reception so keep it small.
Invite only the most important people in your life. Maybe later, after the wedding, you could have a cocktail party for the people that you didn't invite.
Time of day that you serve wedding reception food can save you a lot of money. It will also cost you less if you're willing to use some elbow grease and do it yourself. Of course, you can ask for help from your family and attendants.
Here are some common times of day to have a wedding reception and some wedding reception food ideas:
- A brunch reception would take place at 10 or 11 a.m. It is quite inexpensive because fruit, bread, muffins, mimosas and other breakfast foods would be served. Of course you would have to get ready very, very early.
- A luncheon reception follows a late morning wedding. You can easily make this food yourself as it is made up of sandwiches (finger sandwiches are nice), green salad, pasta salad and fruit. You can put a tray of cold cuts together and garnish it nicely and it would be great.
- The dessert reception is the most inexpensive wedding reception food. It's great if you do have a lot of people and not much money. The menu is self -explanatory. Just serve your favorite desserts made by you. This type of reception would be held from 2 to 5 p.m.
- The cocktail party reception is less expensive than dinner and is held from 4 to 7 p.m. Serve just hors d’ouvres (made by you). Supermarkets offer hors d’ouvres trays pretty inexpensively also. Redo them with your own garnish and make them really pretty.
- Then there's the dinner reception, the most expensive. You can still save though by doing it yourself. Serve it buffet style and make a nice presentation. You can also order maybe just the entrée (i.e. barbecue) from your favorite restaurant and make the rest yourself. It wouldn't be too expensive if you picked it up and set it up yourself.
If you're having a very informal wedding do a barbecue at your home or in a park or on the beach for your wedding reception food. You could do any of the above at your home as well. If you're having a church wedding, have a luncheon or dessert reception in the church hall
Whatever you decide to do for your wedding reception food, do it for less without the stress.
Return from Wedding Reception Food back to the Home Page