Ideas For beautiful beach wedding dresses and attire...
Traditional wedding dresses can seem too fancy for a beach ceremony. Don't worry, there are many options when picking a beach bridal dress!
- Short and tea length dresses work best.
- Fabrics like chiffon, Georgette, crepe, gauze and linen are perfect for the beach.
- Hawaiian styled dresses are nice (including the traditional muu muu), and guys can wear matching shirts.
- Sarongs look fabulous and can be worn in many different ways.
- Don't forget your feet. Bare feet work at a beach wedding but there's also foot jewelry you can wear with or without shoes. This would be a great way to sneak in "something blue". Just remember, sand can get very hot in the summer depending on your location.
PERHAPS NOTHING IS MORE ROMANTIC THAN BEACH THEME WEDDINGS! IT IS NATURAL, CASUAL, AND ALARMINGLY BEAUTIFUL. THESE CEREMONIES ALLOW THE BRIDE AND GROOM TO BE THEMSELVES AND NOT LET THE “ARENA” TAKE AWAY FROM THE ACTUAL CEREMONY.
Beach theme weddings can be made light and simple. The setting is beautiful...you won’t need to add a lot to it. Weddings by the water afford the wedding party and the guests to dress casually and be themselves. Just because you want a beach wedding, doesn't mean it has to be fancy and expensive!
Check with the closest areas for bargains at local parks on the beach, small resorts, hotels and public beaches too. Even if you don’t live near the ocean, there are plenty of gorgeous lakeside areas to use as well.
As you check for a location for your beach theme wedding, remember to ask about any restrictions on bringing in food, music, decorations, seating, and licensing for a beach ceremony, etc.
It should be, most of all fun!
Beach wedding ceremony tips...
- Provide shelter i.e. umbrella/tent for guests who may not do well in the sun. Also, bring sunscreen, and plenty of water.
- Flip-flops are great too...you can even personalize them and use as favors.
- And remember, when planning beach theme weddings outdoors, always have a Plan B in case of inclement weather!
Tips and hints for your seaside party…
Beach wedding receptions are the perfect place to pull off cheap food and drinks. Your seaside wedding should include food and drinks that are as casual and simple as the setting as well decorations and flowers that portray the light and breezy feeling of the occasion.
- Consider what kind of set-up you will have as far as tables and or areas for guests to sit. Check for any restrictions when it comes to preparing food at the site, when necessary. Use a local restaurant or caterer that's familiar with the area.
- Think about a “Beach Blanket” theme where everyone eats on the beach on blankets.
- If you’re going Hawaiian Style, serve island favorites and perhaps a roasted pig.
- Use the obvious, seafood... clam bake, crab-boil or fish fry.
- Fill boats with shrimp cocktail or other cold appetizers.
- Serve up one of the best bargains of all, and have a BBQ!
- Keep the drinks simple and inexpensive too. Use an old row-boat or dinghy filled with ice and soft drinks, beer and wine coolers. This saves on bartender fees too! Keep the drinks to a few choices. Serve one tropical drink, soft drinks, and plenty of water.
- Decorate your cake with anything that goes with your theme. Use real seashells, Hawaiian style flowers, or plastic sea animals.
As we always suggest, solicit help from the wedding party, friends and family members, as much of this can be done with their help for a fabulous seaside party.