Green wedding invitations can be a snap, whether you are having a complete green wedding or you would like to make some environmentally friendly wedding choices. Going Green is not just a trend; it’s all about making choices to help save our planet. Environmentally friendly products are not always the cheapest way to go, so as usual we will tell you to do your homework on this one.
As with anything “wedding” there are lots of ways to go about buying or creating green wedding invitations. You can check the internet and go to local retailers. The internet offers many sites where you can have wedding invitations printed on earth friendly papers and most offer the option to buy the paper so you can print them yourself.
HERE ARE SOME TIPS FOR YOUR GREEN WEDDING INVITATIONS…
- Use Post Consumer Waste or Recycled Paper products.
- There are some beautiful “tree free” products that you can use. Look for “paper” made from grasses, cotton, flax, hemp, straw, silk and silk blends. We spotted one company that sells “paper” made of recycled blue jeans and one that sells paper made from elephant dung!!
- Some internet retailers offer papers that are imbedded with flower seeds so that each guest will have a plantable card!
- When you use these products, know that you are reducing Chlorine Pollution!
- If the earth friendly paper that you are using is laced with beautiful things like straw or flowers or other natural elements, print your invitation wording on vellum that covers the “paper”.
- Reducing how much paper you use is also a way to help! Do something unique like using pretty postcards as your invitation! Using postcards eliminates the use of envelopes and inserts too.
- If postcards are not your thing, just try to reduce the amount of paper used overall. Reconsider the use of some of those paper and tissue inserts.
- Want to take it to another level? Think about your Ink! Save some money and the earth and always refill your ink cartridges and if you must get rid of your cartridges donate them to a cause or drop in a recycling box!
- More ink solutions…Some online companies use earth friendly inks when they print. And some companies even sell similar inks for home use.
- More ways to save the trees…Create a Personal Wedding Website. On your site you can post things like maps, directions, registry info, accommodations and more.
- The ultimate tree saver! Take a deep breath…Do ALL of your communications by email and or website…even your invitations!
You can do this! You can do your part in preserving our planet with Green Wedding Invitations! All you need is some good resources and a little ingenuity.