Your wedding accessories should compliment and not overpower you dress or you.
I think jewelry should be kept to a minimum and should be tasteful. Small pieces are best.
There are some great costume jewelry pieces available that are very inexpensive.
Evening bags are easy to make. There are patterns in the pattern books at fabric stores for very simple to make draw string bags or pouches. They may be made of any kind of fabric you choose.
Discount wedding accessories can be found in lots of places. Look on Ebay or other online sites. Flea markets and thrift shops are also a possibility. Don’t forget your own jewelry box and Mom’s. You may already have something you love. Blue stones are great for “something blue”.
An evening bag you make yourself or one that is ready made will be a lovely wedding accessory when embellished with:
- Ribbon in any fashion you like
All of these things can be glued with fabric glue to the bag and in some cases stitched on.
A beautiful wedding accessory is a wedding shawl.
It may be made with:
- Lace (Cut the length you want and just trim around the patter all the way around)
- Tulle (Cut the length you want and trimmed on the ends with scalloped scissors)
- Taffeta (Cut the length you want and double the width. Fold right sides together and stitch the long sides together and both ends. Leave an opening large enough to turn, then hand stitch opening. Move the seam to the center and press. Wear with the seam inside.)
- Satin (Make the same as taffeta shawl)
Use any kind of fabric that is appropriate with your dress.
For another wedding accessory idea try wearing a ribbon around your neck with a pin or flower attached to it. The ribbon can also be made of tulle. Just cut a strip the length and width you want and sew as in the directions for a taffeta shawl above. Don’t sew the ends together, just trim with scalloped scissors. Only wear these with a sleeveless or strapless dress.