Anything can be used as wedding cake toppers. Of course there is the traditional bride and groom but you will see many other things out there. If you like the bride and groom, there are lots online and in stores.
You can put a cake topper that goes along with the theme of your wedding.
SOME IDEAS FOR WEDDING CAKE TOPPERS:
- For a fall wedding use mini pumpkins on top with silk maple leaves.
- Hibiscus for a tropical wedding is pretty. They only last for a day, so wait until the last minute and lay about three big Hibiscuses on top of the cake.
- If you can find a pineapple small enough or are able to find a suitable fake one, that would be a great cake topper for a Hawaiian wedding. You could also add a lei around the cake.
- Try a dripless candle for a wedding cake topper. A smaller pillar candle would be nice or any candle that’s not too heavy. Try putting skewers (found at the super market) around it to hold it up. Push the skewers down into the cake but leave enough sticking out of the cake to hold the candle up. Surround the candle with flowers or ribbons to hide the skewers.
- Ribbons are always pretty as a wedding cake topper. Also a big tulle bow with a flower or a wedding bell in the middle is beautiful.
- A Styrofoam ball covered with real or artificial flowers of your choice is a great topper. Cut the flowers down very short and attach a pick with wire. Cover the ball so that none of the Styrofoam is showing. Also use Styrofoam cut into different shapes, such as a heart.
- Mickey and Minnie Mouse on top of the cake is fun. If you’re going to Disney World for your honeymoon this would tie right in. If you just love Mickey and Minnie it is great too.
- Anything that the couple has a big interest in could be used, such as a toy motorcycle, etc. Shop around for toys or trinkets that would be suitable.
- Barbie and Ken dolls are a good wedding cake topper. Any similar dolls would work as well.
- A Christmas wedding just screams for a Santa wedding cake topper. Also use clear plastic ornaments filled with flower petals. Wire them to a skewer and arrange on the cake.
- Monogrammed cake toppers are classic and popular, and can be used throughout the theme of your wedding, i.e. invitations, napkins, thank your cards, and wedding reception decorations.
Let your imagination run wild and come up with your own unique wedding cake topper.